Monday, February 20, 2012

Point and Read Weather Sentences

I use the Treasures Reading Series in my classroom.  Tomorrow we will begin Unit 7 - Weather.  This is a little something that I print in color for my students to practice reading.  It includes this Unit's HFWs in yellow (this, do, and, what) as well as review last Unit's HFWs  in green (are, for, you) and older HFWs in blue.  Most of my kiddos enjoy these b/c they feel successful reading them.

Grab your copy by clicking here!  :)



*Happy Reading!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Do you print one for each kiddo each week? Do they keep them in a folder?

    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! Your blog is wonderful!

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. Yes, I do print one for each student. I send them home to practice. When they return the page signed and read all the sentences to me (or my high school helper), they get a small reward (think stickers, marshmallows, pencil erasers, and such). Then, they can take the paper back home to their Reading Treasure Box where they are supposed to be keeping all their take-home (paper) books from our reading series.

    I just went over to follow your blog. =) I am new to the blogging world. My goal is to post more often and link to others more often. Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea to practice their sight words! We use the older version of Treasures (as in the one from 1985), and I try as hard as I can to not use it as much as possible! This is really cue idea for my little sweeties that still need sight word help!

    I am your newest follower! I love your page!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah
    www.thefabulousfirstgrade-saah.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sarah! I am heading over to check out your blog right now. :)

    ReplyDelete