Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Touch Points - Love 'em or Hate 'em?

Just curious - do you use Touch Points in your classroom?  I am not a huge fan, but I do see the "point" when working with students who struggle in math.  My school uses it as a supplement.  I would love to know if you use Touch Points and what you think about them.

*Also, I made a set of posters to hang in my room (b/c the ones that came with the program were knocked off my wall during summer cleaning and have water damage...sigh...).  If you would like a FREE copy, please do the following:

*Join my blog (not just following by e-mail)
*Leave a comment telling me your opinion of Touch Points
*Leave your e-mail




                     

    


    



I will e-mail a FREE copy of my super cute Chevron Touch Point Math Posters (with both D'Nealian and Zaner Bloser print) to anyone that responds by 10 p.m. CST on Thursday evening!  Then, they will be available on TpT.  :)  Have a great day!


10 comments:

  1. I see some students who could benefit from them. Especially your visual and kinesthetic learners will be able to use them. My sister in law taught my nieces how to use them just as another avenue.

    renetowens@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use them more than I do now (before my district updated our math curriculum). Now I use them mainly for RTI and for my intensive needs students. I often have them place counters on the numbers. Since they are always placing them in the same place on the number it seems to helps them make a connection.
    kjersti113@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Students who need the visual and tactile models for math seem to understand number concepts better with touch math. Thank you for sharing!
    kderrick@lexington1.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love touch math! I have seen how useful it is especially when beginning addition and subtraction come into play. My kiddos were a lot less prone to count on their fingers :)

    Stop by my blog if you have the chance :) I'm having a giveaway!

    Miss M
    semoellering@gmail.com
    The Fabulous First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to check out your blog right now. :) Your freebie is on its way.

      Delete
  5. I have used touch math with my kids who struggle. I do like the tactile piece of it. Thank you for all your creations.
    Terry
    CA
    THYordan@aol.com

    ReplyDelete