Sunday, September 2, 2012

An Apple a Day...

First - I want to apologize to my parents who actually take a look at my blog.  I did take pictures last week, but it is hard to post them when I leave my camera at school!  :/  Sorry!  I will take twice as many this week and post a lot of pics next weekend to make up for it.

Well, maybe I need to eat an apple a day b/c I had to go to the doctor today!  (This sounds like a Dr. Seuss book in the making, huh?)  I'm fine - got a super strong antibiotic to fight off the junk and have an extra day off tomorrow to rest.  Anyway...I decided to make an apple-themed page since one of our stories in Unit 1 is Picnic at Apple Park.  My kids have been "eyeballing" the magnifying glasses sitting on my desk all last week.  Every time they would go by I would catch them looking desperately wanting to snatch them up and then the question would come from more than one of them at the same time, "What are those for?"  My answer was always, "I don't know...it's a surprise...you'll have to wait and see."  Oh, the grins and giggles!  Well, I am going to put them at the word work station this week.  I am certain there will be more grins and giggles - lots of them!!!  I use the Treasures reading series so these pages deal with letters (Mm and Aa), HFWs (I, can, we, the) and color words (red, blue, yellow, green) b/c those are the ones we have covered so far.

 
The first page is a writing page.  The second is a stamping page.

If you would like a copy of these two pages - CLICK HERE!  :)

 Enjoy...and as always...please leave a comment if you grab the freebie.

2 comments:

  1. A little late _ I just discovered your blog. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the apple freebies!!!
    Hope there is more like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie! I am working on a set for each of the 10 Treasures Units by theme. :)

      Amy

      Delete